70 Short Inspirational Quotes About Life and Struggles
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
Short Inspirational Quotes about Life and Struggles can help to encourage and motivate you to achieve your potential every day. These powerful, positive statements can lift your day and give you good vibes. They may just be a saying from someone you may or may not have heard of – they’re just words, right – but their aim is to spread positivity.
So, if you need some inspiration, a boost to your mood or mindset, some wise words, or a mantra to lift your spirits to get through a difficult situation, these Short Inspirational Quotes About Life and Struggles can be just what you need. Whether you’re going through an emotional period, you need help to achieve a huge life goal, or you’re doubting whether you can accomplish your heart’s desire, knowing how to stay inspired in your life and situation can provide comfort, support and self-belief.
Let’s jump straight in to being inspired, where to find inspiration and how inspiring quotes on life and any struggles you may be going through can help to provide a healthy and positive mindset every day. Check out these Short Inspirational Quotes About Life and Struggles to give a kick-start to your day!
To follow are inspirational quotes on life from the Dalai Lama, Gilbert K. Chesterton, Buddha, Kobe Bryant, Lao Tzu, Jack Canfield, Albert Einstein and many more.
1. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily – Zig Ziglar.
2. I never said it would be easy, I said it would be worth it – Art Williams.
3. The meaning of life is to give life meaning – Ken Hudgins.
4. Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there – Will Rogers.
5. Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence – Drake.
6. Keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about – Marilyn Monroe.
7. Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something – Plato.
8. It takes a great deal of courage to stand to our enemies, but even more to stand up to our friends – J. K. Rowling.
9. Determine your priorities and focus on them – Eileen McDargh.
10. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us – Helen Keller.
11. If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow – Beyonce.
12. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are – Kurt Cobain.
13. The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things – Henry Ward Beecher.
14. Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got – R. Brault.
15. Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from – Seth Godin.
16. A happy soul is the best shield for a cruel world – Atticus.
17. Yesterday you said tomorrow. Just do it – Nike.
18. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude – Thomas Jefferson.
19. If the world was blind, how many people would you impress? – Boonaa Mohammed.
20. What consumes your mind controls your life – Unknown.
21. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage – Anaïs Nin.
22. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too – Paulo Coelho.
23. Turn your wounds into wisdom – Oprah Winfrey.
24. I will remember and recover, not forgive and forget – Unknown.
25. Choose to be optimistic, it feels better – Dalai Lama.
26. Challenges are what make life interesting, and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful – Joshua J. Marine.
27. And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow – Gilbert K. Chesterton.
28. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence – Helen Keller.
29. Forget all the reasons why it won't work and believe the one reason that it will.
30. Give yourself the love you seek, and the Universe will send people who match it.
31. The idea is not to live forever, but to create something that will – Andy Warhol.
32. The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people...the more peaceful your life becomes – Mandy Hale.
33. Self-confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. How can anyone see how awesome you are if you can't see it yourself?
34. Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
35. An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
36. Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
37. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching – Satchel Paige.
38. My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style – Maya Angelou
39. It's totally okay to take a break. Take time to recharge. You need it.
40. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn.
41. Success is peace of mind in knowing you did your best – John Wooden.
42. The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do – Kobe Bryant.
43. Dream it, then do it.
44. Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out – John Wooden.
45. You got this! You have the skills and tools to handle it.
46. One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals – Michelle Obama.
47. Kind in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoudness. Kindness in giving creates love – Lao Tzu.
48. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world – Buddha.
49. Don't let yesterday take up too much of today – Will Rodgers.
50. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared – Buddha.
51. You always pass failure on your way to success – Mickey Rooney.
52. By letting it go, it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try, the world is beyond the winning – Lao Tzu.
53. You only have control over three things in your life – the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take – Jack Canfield.
54. Like attracts like. You become and attract what you think.
55. Remember today, for it is the beginning of always. Today marks the start of a brave new future filled with all your dreams can hold. Think truly to the future and make those dreams come true – Albert Einstein.
56. Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it.
57. Memories are sweet, cherish them.
58. All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination – Earl Nightingale.
59. Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength – Lao Tzu.
60. If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito...
61. You learn more from losing than winning – Morgan Wootten.
62. Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are – Bernice Johnson Reagon.
63. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.
64. When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities – William James.
65.You learn more from failure than from success. Don't let it stop you. Failure builds character.
66. What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals – Zig Ziglar.
67. Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear – George Addair.
68. Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile – Connor Franta.
69. To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe – Anatole France.
70. The best way to predict the future is to create it – Peter Drucker.
These short inspirational quotes on life and struggles aim to build a resilience to overcome any obstacles or perceived injustices on both a mental and emotional level. It is so important to realise that how we think and react will determine if we can work through any setbacks, issues or negativity in our lives.
We can only control our own actions and thoughts, not other people. So I hope these short inspirational quotes can enable you to think more positively to keep going, to overcome any obstacles, to break down any barriers, provide a confidence boost, or offer a sense of self-worth and that you deserve to be happy and successful.
You are in charge of your own destiny, so any time you doubt yourself or your abilities, or what life has thrown at you, use these short inspirational quotes on life and struggles to serve as a reminder that you can work through challenges and accomplish anything you put your mind to.